Science-GK Related Question Answers
1. Where do frogs usually live in the hot season?
Buried at the bottom of ponds.
2. What is the scientific name for Vitamin C ?
3. What is the study of sound called?
4. Who discovered the circulation of blood in the human body?
William Harvey, in 1628. People did not believe in what Harvey said and they opposed his ideas. It took many years for the opposition to die down.
5. To which family of plants do bamboos belong?
The grass family.
6. At what temperature does water become ice?
Zero degrees on the Celsius scale.
7. How many legs does a butterfly have?
8. Why does a jet of water come out of a whale's back?
It is air, exhaled by the whale.
9. What is electrolysis?
Electrolysis is the decomposition of a substance using electricity. For example when table salt is subjected to electrolysis, it turns into sodium and chlorine.
10. How can a frog make such a loud sound?
As the frog forces air from the lungs, vocal chords in the voice box (larynx) vibrate to make calls, distinctive of its species. The bulls of some species have air sacs, which help, increase the volume of the sound.
11. How much time does the earth take to complete a revolution around the sun?
365 % days.
12. Plants that flower only once in their lifetime are called
13. When a fire is caused by an electric short circuit, why must you not throw water?
If you throw water on a fire caused due to short circuit, you may be electrocuted because water is a good conductor of electricity.
14. Who invented the modern lift?
15. The scientific name for blood platelets is
16. What were the first words to be recorded on the gramophone made by Edison?
"Mary had a little lamb."
17. Who proposed the Centigrade Scale?
Anders Celsius first proposed the centigrade thermometer, which has a scale of 100 degrees separating the boiling and freezing points of water.
18. How many pairs of nerves are there in man that are connected to the brain?
Twelve pairs. They are called the cranial nerves.
19. Where is the entrance to a baya's nest?
At the bottom of the nest.
20. How many bones are there in an adult human being?
21. Central Tobacco Research Institute is located at
22. What does a lizard do when its life is in danger?
The lizard discards its tail to divert the attention of its enemy.
23. The symbol He stands for
24. Which Vitamin is important for the health of bones?
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use
Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
25. Where are the lobster's teeth located?
In the stomach.
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions