Indian-History- Related Question Answers
1. Which area did the Japanese hand over to the Azad Hind Government?
Andaman and Nicobar islands.
2. Under which guru did the Sikhs become a united political power?
Guru Gobind Singh.
3. The name of the famous horse of Rana Pratap was
4. The first Viceroy of India was
5. At what age did Mahavira abandon the world and become an ascetic?
At the age of 30 yrs.
6. Shivaji's mother was
7. What was unique about the personal bodyguards of the Maurya rulers?
They were women.
8. Which is the crime that is most often mentioned in the Rjgveda?
9. Where was Kabir born? What was he known for?
Kabir was born in Varanasi. Throughout his life he kept dwelling on the essential unity of all religions.
10. He was a watchmaker by profession and had come to India from Netherlands in 1800. He however spent his entire life promoting education in India. He founded the Hindu College in Calcutta to take forward his ideas. Who was he?
11. Who were the adversaries at the Battle of Plassey?
The British fought Siraj-ud-Daulah the Nawab of Bengal.
12. Kohinoor Diamond was taken away by
13. What does the word 'Sangam' refer to in Tamil History?
It is the literary assembly of Tamil scholars held at Madurai under the patronage of the Pandyan Kings.
14. Din-i-Ilahi was founded by
15. Who threw a bomb in the Central Legislative Assembly?
Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt (on April 9, 1929).Their aim in throwing a bomb in the Central Legislative Assembly was, as their leaflet pointed out, "to make the deaf hear". Not to hurt anyone.
16. Who was the first Indian ruler defeated by Mahmud of Ghazni?
Jayapala of the Hindushahi dynasty.
17. Who fought the third Battle of Panipat?
Ahmad Shah Abdali and the Marathas (on 14th Jan 1761).
18. Which was the animal that was most engraved on Indus Valley Civilization seals?
The Humpless Bull.
19. Chandragupta Maurya was succeeded by
20. At which battle was Humayun defeated by Sher Shah?
The Battle of Chausa (March 1539) and Battle of Kanauj (May 1540).
21. The city of Calcutta was founded in
22. In Jainism a small group of people were called Ganadharas. Who were they?
The close disciples of Mahavira were called Ganadharas.
23. Guru Gobind Singh was born in
24. Tipu Sultan was born in
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use
Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
25. From which source have historians got some details of the overthrow of the Mauryan dynasty?
Bana's Harshacharita written almost eight centuries after the event.
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions