1. Two trains of 270m, 150 m are running in opposite direction. The speeds of trains are 42 km/h and 30 km/hr. In what time they cross each other?
2. What will be the output of the program?
3. The fare tariff for taxis is Rs10 for the first kilometer and Rs7.50 for each additional kilometer or part of a kilometer. A man travels 16.5 km to work. If he has Rs105, how many kilometers must he walk?
4. A man can row 5 km/hr in still water. In a stream which is flowing at 3 km/hr, it takes him 10 hours to row to a place and back. How far is the place?
5. The circumferences of the fore and hind wheels of a carriage are 12/5 and 24/7 meters respectively. A chalk mark is put on the point of contact of each wheel with the ground at any given moment. How far will the carriage have traveled so that their c
6. Harish started from his house at 8 A.M. and went to Basha’s house at a speed of 30 km/hr. Bhasha started from his house at 8.30 A.M. and went to Harish’s house at 40 km/hr. They would meet at the midway at ________.
7. What will be the output of the program? How many String objects have been created?
8. A man can row 9 km/hr in still water. It takes him 1½ times as long to row up as to row downstream. Find the rate of the stream? (in km/hr)
9. A train reaches its destination 10 minutes late when it drives at 40 km/hr and 16 minutes late when it drives at 30 km/hr. what is the distance between the two stations?
10. The distance between A and B is 356 km. A train starts from A at 8 A.M at 28 km/hr and another train starts from B at 10:00 AM at 32 km/hr. when will they meet?
11. What will be the output of the program (when you run with the -ea option) ?
12. P and Q covered a certain distance at 9 km/hr and 8 km/hr respectively. P reaches the destination 45 min early. Then the distance to destination is _______.
13. Raman has to cover a distance of 6 km in 45 min. If he covers half of the distance in 1/3 of the time what should be his speed to cover the remaining distance in remaining time?
14. A bus completes a certain journey in 5 hours. If covers half the distance at 40 km/hr and the rest at 60 km/hr. The length of the journey is ________.
15. The distance between p and Q is 296 km. A train starts from p at 8 A. M. at 28 km/hr and another train starts from Q at 10 A. M. at 32 km/hr. When will they meet?
16. which line is an example of an inappropriate use of assertions?
17. A train cross a bridge of 180 m in 27 seconds and it crosses a telegraph pole in 15 seconds. What is the length of the train?
18. Kiran started cycling along the boundaries of a square filed from corner point A. After half-an-hour he reached the corner point C diagonally opposite to A. If his speed was 8 km/hr what is the area of the field in sq. km?
19. In a 500 meters race, the ratio of speeds of two contestants A and B is 3 : 4. A has a start of 140 meters. Then, A wins by:
20. Two buses start at the same time from two stations towards each other. The speeds are 72 and 64 km/hr respectively. By the time the two buses meet, one bus had covered 72 km more than the other. What is the distance between the two stations?
21. A certain distance is covered at a certain speed. If half of the distance covered in double the time the ratio of the speed is ___________.
22. A pick pocketer was 500 m ahead of police and two are running at 8 km/hr and 10 km/hr respectively. When can the police catch him?
23. Walking at 5/6 of his usual speed 12 min late. What is the usual time taken by him to cover the same distance?
24. A man is watching from the top of a tower a boat speeding towards the tower. The man makes an angle of depression of 300 with the boat. After speeding some distance in 10 second towards the tower the angle of depression becomes 600 and the distance f
25. What will be the output of the program? and the command-line invocation is > java CommandArgsTwo 1 2 3