1. Dilute wine was used as a thermometric liquid initially to develop temperature scale. First emperical temperature scale developed was the __________ scale.
2. The deflection of the free end of the bimetallic strips in a bimetallic thermometer with temperature is nearly
3. Nitrogen gas constant volume thermometer is suitable for measuring a temperature of __________ °C.
4. The closed loop pole of a stable second order system could be
5. An amplitude ratio of 0.1 corresponds to __________ decibels.
6. Which of the following can not measure a temperature of 1600°C ?
7. Pick out the first order system from among the following.
8. Flow rate of a river is measured by a/an
9. Working principle of disappearing filament type optical pyrometer is based on the
10. Continuous shell temperature measurement in a liquid-liquid heat exchanger is done by a
11. Pressure of 0.0001 absolute psi can be measured by __________ gauge.
12. Which of the following controllers has the least maximum deviation ?
13. Emf developed by a thermocouple, while measuring a temperature of 600°C is about 5.5 mV. The type of thermocouple used is
14. A negative gain margin expressed in decibels means a/an __________ system.
15. Typical specifications for design stipulates the gain margin and phase margin to be respectively
16. Thermistor, which has high temperature co-efficient of resistivity, is used as the sensing element in resistance thermometer. It is a/an
17. Volumetric expansion is the working principle of the __________ thermometers.
18. __________ thermometer can not measure sub-zero (< 0° C) temperature,
19. Which of the following is not the triple point of water ?
20. The __________ of a vapor pressure thermometer is a primary element.
21. Strain gage uses an electrical conductor wire, which when elastically stretched increases in length and reduces in diameter. Both these dimensional changes result in __________ in the electrical resistance of the wire.