1. __________ circuit is most commonly used to measure strain with the help of a strain gauge.
2. In the formation of cermets, the ratio of ceramic material to metallic material is usually 80:20. Which of the following is a cermet ?
3. Which of the following is used to produce draught in the locomotive boilers ?
4. The mechanism which changes the value of manipulated variable in response to the output signal from the control unit is called the
5. In a neutral solution
6. Which of the following low melting alloy containing bismuth and lead is used for electric fuse ?
7. __________ is used as a material of construction for the blade of power saw.
8. Which of the following is normally not found in both the S.I. (petrol) & C.I. (diesel) engines ?
9. A common disinfectant used in village wells for disinfection of water is
10. The surface tension of a liquid, at critical temperature is
11. Oxygen cylinders used for autogenous (cutting/welding) purposes are
12. Dry saturated steam can be converted into superheated steam by
13. Large scale fire on fuel gas line is normally extinguished by
14. In the Bayer\'s process, bauxite is digested under pressure using
15. The specific gravity of coal depends mainly on its __________ content.
16. Superheating of steam is done at constant
17. Dryness factor of steam is defined as the ratio of the mass of vapor in the mixture to the mass of the mixture. Dryness factor of steam is measured by a __________ calorimeter.
18. Enzymes belong to the category of
19. The ratio of the shear stress to the principal stress on a principal plane is
20. Strain hardening effect in a metal subjected to cold working is due to the __________ mechanism.
21. Normalising does not __________ of a metal.
22. With increase in compression ratio, the volumetric efficiency of air compressor
23. Dephosphorisation of molten pig iron is favoured by
24. A cylinderical rod subjected to a tensile strain within the elastic limit undergoes a volume change. If the volume strain is equal to half the tensile strain, then the Poisson\'s ratio of the rod is
25. The elastic strain energy of a unit length of an edge dislocation as compared to that of a screw dislocation is